Students Helpline 7503909322Just Call us and We will Help you Get Admission in NIOS.
National Institute of Open Schooling has opened the admission for the class 10th and 12th for the year 2022-23 April Examination. Last date for the same is 15th September 2022. For more details call us at 7503909322.
Who can Apply? :
Class 8th passed students who have completed 14 years of age can apply for NIOS 10th admission 2022 and Class 10th passed can apply for NIOS 12th admission 2022. To complete the NIOS admission 2022 process, students will have to pay the requisite NIOS admission 2022 fee and upload the required documents.
This Course is equivalent to the Xth standard. You can choose subjects from the Scheme of Studies given in Table-. However, you will be required to successfully complete a minimum of five subjects, which is compulsory for certification.
Senior Secondary Course
This Course is designed for those who have passed the Xth standard or equivalent examination from a recognised Board and would like to continue their education towards a Senior Secondary Certification, equivalent to XII standard.
You can choose subjects from the Scheme of Studies given in Table. However, you will be required to successfully complete a minimum of five subjects, which is compulsory for Certification.
Scheme of Studies
For different courses, the scheme of studies is shown in the Table below.
|Course||Subject Offered||Scheme of Studies|
|Secondary||Hindi(201), English(202), Bengali(203), Marathi(204), Telugu(205), Urdu(206), Gujarati(207), Kannada(208), Sanskrit(209), Punjabi(210), Assamese (228),Nepali(231), Malayalam(232), Oriya(233), Arabic (235) Mathematics(211), * Science(212), Social Science(213), Economics(214), Business Studies(215), Home Science(216),, Psychology (222), Bhartiya Culture & Heritage (223), * Painting (225), * Data Entry Operations (229)||Five Subjects with either one or two languages Minimum of five subjects. Two additional subject can also be taken The Learners are however advised to select the subjects as per their future plan of study and work|
|Senior Secondary||Hindi(301), English(302), Urdu(306), Bengali (303), Sanskrit (309), Mathematics(311), * Physics(312), Chemistry(313),* Biology(314),History(315), * Geography(316), Political Science(317), Economics(318), Commerce(319), Accountancy(320), * Home Science(321),
* Stenography(H)(324), * Stenography(E)(325),
* Stenography(Urdu) (329), * Secretarial Practice(326), Psycology(328), * Computer Science(330), Sociology(331), * Painting (332), * Mass Communication (335), Environmental science (333), * Data entry Operations (333)
From the year 2010-11, NIOS has introduced 100% On-line admission in order to facilitate learners in registering themselves with it. Off-line admission quota has been dispensed with. Under this scheme learners have the options to
- register themselves One-line directly
- may visit their nearest AI (study centre)/Facilitation Centre and take their help for On-line registration.
- may visit their Regional Centre for on line-registration.
In order to facilitate admission, provision of on-line admission throughout the year 24×7 has been made.
- Online Admission through NIOS On-line (Ni-On) Project
Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
- Requirement: Minimum Educational Qualification
- Secondary Course: Certificate of Class VIII passed, or Self Certificate (as mentioned atThe back of Admission Form)
- Senior Secondary Course: Copy of the Certificate of the Secondary Examination passed from a recognized Board of Secondary Education duly attested by a Gazetted Officer
- Admission forms received without supporting documents will be rejected and fee will not be refunded.
- If the secondary level examination is not passed from a recognised board, admission at secondary level will not be considered. List of recognised Boards
- If you possess a High School/Secondary Certificate from any foreign Board/University and want to take admission to Senior Secondary course of NIOS, you will be required to attach a certificate from the concerned ambessy to the effect that the examination passed by you is equivalent to the Indian High School/Secondary Examination.
Re-admission for Ex-NIOS students
The students of NIOS at SECONDARY/senior Secondary level who have completed their validity period of five years of admission, but could not complete the Course, are eligible to take Re-admission with NIOS. The credit of subject passed (maximum of four subjects) in the previous admission will be transferred to the fresh admission, if these subjects are passed during the last ten years .
- Code No: 9901
- Name of the Board: National Institute of Open Schooling (National Open School)
Transfer of Credits (TOC) Facilities
Ex-Secondary/Senior Secondary students of the following Boards of School Education who have passed in at least one subject, but have not qualified in the course, may seek admission in the respective course at NIOS and avail facility of TOC.
- You will have the option to get the credit transferred to a maximum of two subjects, provided these subjects are passed in the last five years
- The credits will be given only in those subjects which are included in NIOS scheme of studies and the scheme of examination. TOC in the subjects having practicals at Sr. Secondary level will be allowed only when you are pass in theory and practical separately.
- You will have to give full details of the TOC subjects and marks obtained on the Admission Form.
- You will have to attach the original mark sheet issued by the respective Board.
- You will have to pay requisite fee of an amount Rs. 75/- per subject for transfer of credit for the number of subjects in which TOC is required.
Dual Enrolment and part Credit
Under this scheme if you are a learner who
- is studying in a regular school, or
- has already passed Secondary Sr. Secondary or any other higher course from any Board/University, you can opt any subjects of your choice, to update knowledge and educational qualifications
However, on passing, only the statement of grades will be issued, No other certificate will be issued in this case.
Fee payable for various courses is given in table. Read it carefully. Admission fee payable for different courses include charges for registration, study materials, personal contact programmes , Identity Card etc.
To earn part credit, a learner can also take one or two subjects only. In such case, please pay fees as per the fee structure is given in the Table
Fee once paid is not refundable, or adjustable in future
- Fee once paid is not refundable, or adjustable in future.
- Don’t pay any extra amount apart from the requisite fee.