Hello Everyone Welcome to Eiglewings Educational Institute ( Delhi ) In this video you will learn to write English alphabets.
This is the question asked by most of the parents when they visit me in my coaching class. There is a process of learning to write and every child grow up own his/ her own capability.
Let me first tell you the process of learning to write:
1. learn to hold ( Above 6 months) At the age of six month or more normally a child start holding things. Like toys and other things in this age we can help them to hold pen or pencils. Don’t worry if your child is taking time in holding pencil. It will take time. Six moth to one year old child can learn to hold.
2. Learn to draw ( 1 year to 3 year ) Now drawing comes. When your child learn to hold pencil you can help them to draw anything. Don’t worry the shape of line he /she will draw will not be perfect but slowly the child will start drawing lines and circles. You can help your child to draw some basic patterns like: dots, standing line, sleeping line, circle, slanting line, and curves. You can help the child by giving them dotted worksheets. It will help the child to hold the pencil and draw. His / her hand mussels will become stronger and the child will start making perfect patterns.
3. Learn to memorize shape and sound ( 2 to 3 years ) After learning the basic patterns you child can lean to write alphabets but not at once. You have to help the child to remember shape and sound of alphabet one by one. Some children learn fast some learn slow. Some time learning all they may forget because of confusion. Some time your child will make mistake in recognizing shapes of alphabets because of confusion. Here we have to help them to differentiate one shape and sound from other two common sound like P and B can make the child confuse. And two common shapes like M and W can make them confuse. Every child is different and if he / she makes mistake, don’t shout or scold but try to understand the reason. There are most common reason children make mistake in writing letters are :
• Memory problem
• Unpleasing learning environment
• Rude behavior of teacher
• No interest in learning
4. learn to write words ( 4 to 5 years ) After learning to write alphabets children can learn to write words. We must always start with two letter words, then gradually move to three, four , and five letters words. This is the stage where your child will start learning to spell words. Here he need to memorize spellings of words. At the same time he / she will learn to read also.
5. learn to form sentences ( 5 years above ) Reading words and writing words are the basics of language. After this stage children start reading and forming sentences. Here we have to make sure that children are able go get some story books which they can read. Giving copying task to children at this stage will help them to learn to write sentences. They will develop understanding of language as well.
6. learn to think and write ( 7 years above ) Thinking and writing is the fruit of the previous five steps. If all have been done with care then the sixth one will be developed.